The Regis Middle School dress code strives to reflect good taste, neatness, cleanliness, Christian modesty and consistency with our Catholic schools.
2019-20 Regis Middle School Dress Code
- Solid color polo’s (both long and short sleeve) without logos may be worn in the following colors: red, yellow, black, white, navy, light blue, and gray (no neon).
- Solid color collared dress shirts without logos (buttons down the front) in the above-approved colors.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times and shirts must be long enough to stay tucked in.
- Shirts must be buttoned up so as to reflect Christian modesty (one button from the top) and should be modest in fit (not too tight).
- Xavier and Regis approved dress code shirts (polos with Regis/Xavier school logos) may be worn.
- Solid color traditional crew neck, V-neck, or cardigan sweaters without logos and without hoods may be worn in the following colors: red, yellow, black, white, navy, light blue, and gray (no neon).
- A dress code shirt (see above) must be worn under sweaters and shirts must be tucked in.
- Sweaters must be long sleeved and at least waist length.
- Approved Dress Code Regis Quarter Zip Fleece in Red, Navy, or Gray.
- XHS Dress Code Quarter Zip and/or Crew Neck Sweatshirt may be worn.
- A dress code shirt (see above) must be worn under sweatshirts/fleece and shirts must be tucked in.
- Khaki, Navy, Black or Gray Colored dress pants may be worn (no Cargo pants).
- Pants should be appropriately sized and must be free of holes, rips, or tears.
- No belts are required for pants.
- Before October 1st and starting May 1st, girls and boys may wear khaki or navy shorts. During the same time period, girls may wear capri pants.
- Shorts are to be no shorter than mid-thigh in length (measured by four fingers width above the knee) and no longer than the knee.
- Cargo shorts may be worn.
- If weather conditions warrant, other days may be designated by the principal.
- No belts are required for shorts.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, or other head coverings are permitted.
- No coats, jackets, or sweatshirts other than the approved Regis or Xavier fleece should be worn during the school day
- No buttons/pins, logos, slogans, or stickers may be worn.
Jewelry and Makeup
- Only girls may wear earrings. Earrings are allowed only in the ears and must be in good taste.
- Only natural foundation (cover-up), mascara and clear lip-gloss may be worn by girls. No other makeup is allowed.
- Hair is to be neat and well groomed. No extreme hairstyles (including faux hawks, Mohawks, feathers, non-natural hair colors, colored extensions, or other trends) are allowed.
Shoes (with closed toe and heel) must be worn at all times.
Boots and sandals are not permitted. (Boots may be worn to and from school during the winter months and stored in the main office.)
Additional footwear trends will be addressed on a case by case basis.
Physical Education Attire
- Students in P.E. are required to wear a Regis or Xavier t-shirt during PE Class.
- Students in P.E. are required to purchase Regis PE gym shorts for use during gym class.
- Students may purchase Regis Fitness & Wellness wear from school or through the online store.
- The first Friday of each month will be a Spirit Day.
- Students may wear shirts, t-shirts or sweatshirts that read either “Regis” or “Xavier” (XHS) or have the Xavier Catholic Schools logos with either jeans or loose fitting athletic pants or sweatpants (no leggings/yoga pants allowed).
- During designated shorts or capris months, students may wear shorts or capris of appropriate length.
- Jeans or pants must be free of holes, rips, or tears.
- Students who choose not to wear Regis or Xavier wear should be in dress code.
- The last Friday of the Month will be designated as a Casual Day.
- Students may wear school appropriate shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts with either jeans or loose fitting athletic pants or sweatpants (no leggings/yoga pants allowed).
- During designated shorts or capris months, students may wear shorts or capris of appropriate length
- jeans or pants must be free of holes, rips, or tears.
Dress Up Days, Concert Wear, or Formal Events
- Skirts or dresses (measured by four fingers width above the knee).
- Skirts or dresses above the knee must be worn with nylons, tights or leggings.
- Shoulders must be covered.
- Christian modesty both in the hemline and neckline (tightness).
- Heels should be no higher than two inches.
Parents and guardians are expected to work with the school in requiring students to leave home and attend school dressed in accordance with the above regulations. The administration reserves the right to interpret dress code. The decisions of the administration are final.
Updated August 2019.